Saturday, November 27, 2004

Font Freak

I used to be a font freak; I was able to tell you all the names of the fonts! I had a colleague even wrote about my fondness of fonts once! Yes that was how freaky I used to be.

Everywhere I go, everything I came across, I will begun to scan through every possible words. I will then analysed the font type and how the words were being written. Often I will get annoyed with the "wrong" usage of certain types of fonts. Wrong as in according to my standard that is. :) For example, you don't use comic for a bank official statement; Garamond is very Mac; Arial/Times are for serious matters; Courier is for type writer etc. and can you believe there's a font call "Batang"??

I still am sensitive over the usage of fonts but not that anal anymore la. My current favourite is Arial for formal correspondence; Verdana for writing blog; Comic for MSN messager and Garamond for not so formal correspondence.

Never tried Batang though. ;) Maybe I should.


3 Comments:

At 5:43 PM , Blogger Saffron said...

Batang not cute la. I like Arial and Verdana, and I hate Times New Roman. I like one 'black boys on mopeds' for my 'cute' font. :)

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Foot Futt said...

I like the Create-A-Card fonts. Norm Heavy is kinda Yoggi Bearish. I prefer non-serif fonts to serif fonts. But typewriter fonts are nice too especially when you're typing out a letter to be printed out and posted to someone.

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Pebbles said...

@Saffy & Foot: Hahhaha... I am not alone, they are more font freaks out there! And I thought I was weird to blog about fonts!
p/s: Hate Times too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home