Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Phases

Everbody goes through different phases in life. For me, it is always fun to look back at the things that I have done; to take that memory journey. I was a very timid teen. Ya I know people who know me now will find it hard to believe that I was once timid. I was. I never the outspoken one; I don't voiced out my views not even when asked. But I wasn't shy though. I performed at school concerts quite a lot started from Standard 6 all the way to Form 6. My friend Tanya was very good at choreography and she will managed us around. We even got invited to other schools or district to perform. We were very creative in designing our costume as well. I remember once we had this dance taken from the famous HK TV series then; or rather Tanya choreographed the dance based on the theme song and we came out with really nice costume. On the night of the performance, they will usually come by my house to get ready and to do the makeup. My mum used to have so much of fun doing that for us. Till now, I still like to look back to those pictures that we took and still hoping I will get back to that figure of mine. Wishful thinking I know.

I was still rather timid in my 20's. Timid in the sense that I was always the one who gave in. Through the years, I build my characters. I think it had a lot to do with my broken relationship. I had a very long term relationship that didn't worked out in the end. I survived it and it made me a stronger person. I guess I was always strong; I just didn't realised it.

Now that I'm in my 30's, I am no longer timid. Well maybe I am still but not in the same way anymore. I am outspoken now but I still do not like to be the center of attention. I have became quite garang too, ya ya ya I know lots of people will testity to that. Actually I am not garang, I just take my job seriously. Come to think of it, I don't think I have changed that much, I still have those fundamental traits like I am straight forward, logical and practical. I didn't choose to voice out my straight forwardess when I was young and now I am not afraid anymore to be straight forward to practically everyone. I am known for that among my colleagues and friends.

I wonder whether I would mellow down in my 40's. I mean further mellowed down. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home