Taste
When I started writing my previous post, I was initially set up to talk about the phases that I go through in dress sense. I don't know how I ended up talking about me being timid but anyway here it is now...
I think I was a very awkward dresser in my teen. I didn't know what to wear most of the time. I can't really remember much though of my dress sense then. Take it as not very well la. While I was in my early 20's, I used to wear a lot of long skirts, the very "si mun" type complete with long hair. That lasted for perhaps a couple of year and I turned into an aunty dressing when I started working! Quite hideous now that I think back. At the same time, I wear quite a lot of jeans and T-shirts too especially when I was studying in England. I guess that is quite standard for university students. It is when I came back and started working with Jen in the fashion house, I picked up some dressing tips from her and the designers of course. Then I started wearing a lot of shirts and white ones particularly.
When I started teaching, I go for the office attire. I don't wear many colours, just the basic black, white, brown and blue. I know damn boring! I usually go for shirt, either black skirt or pants, sometimes jacket and court shoes. Black or brown. Very standard. Oh ya I have cut my hair short too and it was short for many years.
As I aged... I am becoming a little more colourful. I would go for printed floral dress, and I am going back to wearing nice long flare skirts. Colourful ones. I still wear shirts a lot, but the more feminine ones. To sum it up, I think my dressing has evolved to become more feminine. My hair had grown and I started wearing earrings and necklaces and girly stuff as such. Even the handbag had changed. I used to use a backpack for many years, and now I'm carrying a pink tote bag. Something that I never would used when I was younger. I guess you can say I am more open to options and definately more varieties now. I used to hate pink and I realised I am liking pink now. I am going crazy! A bit strange right, pink is usually teenagers' colour and me in my 30's had taken on the fancy on pink! Sigh.
Roger was commenting about my dressing just yesterday and he said I'm getting better with age! I guess not too bad la...Hehehee...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home