Monday, November 14, 2005

My weekend

We had a really relaxing weekend. Relaxing usually means doing nothing. I went for a pedicure on Saturday; this time I painted pink! While I was there, there were 2 tai tai happened to be there getting their weekly nails fixed. It was fascinating listening to their conversation and it reminded me a lot of mum's salon back then that I used to help out. Whether you are rich or not, their conversations are around the same interest areas like kids la, classes that they go to la, shopping la! All the same!

I had to attend a dinner by Wolverhampton that day at Renaissance Hotel. I ride with Raj and Sot picked me up. It was a very cosy dinner with only 6 tables which was smaller than I thought initially. Nevertheless, I had good fun with good company at our table. I was sitting with the Deans from their Engineering, Law and IT schools! We were all chatting merrily about setting a company selling Durian air freshener! Good grief!

Sunday we got up late and I had to play hairdresser and cut Sot's hair. I have to say I'm quite please with the end result. Then I washed the toilet before heading out for banana leaf's rice at Kanna Curry House. I have been to that place a year back and then it was only one shop lot. This time I was surprised to see it has expanded to 2 shop lots and now air-conditionered plus many tables were placed outside under the trees. And it was packed! I mean seriously packed with sea of people and it was hard to look for an empty table. I know they are good but I didn't realised they are now famous! We ordered some fried chicken, prawns, muttons and fried fish. It was fingers licking good! Needless to say, we were absolutely stuffed to the rim!

Then we went lepak at Sot's house a while and then went to buy some magazines and decided to head home. Very unusual for Sundays. I guess it was too hot to go anywhere. Upon reaching home, I lied down on the sofa reading the magazine, I was so sleepy that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I gave up reading and went to the room to take a nap. I didn't wake up till 2 hours later. What a good kip!

We skipped dinner that night. Well we only had a cup of tea and some biscuits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home