Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ipoh Mari

We went to watch The Girl from Ipoh last Thursday at KLPAC. Good thing that I was able to leave the office earlier and so in time to shower and had something to eat before braving the heavy rain all the way to Setul West. I always have this fear about dropping my Touch n Go card while passing the tolls and guess what it happened on the way there! :P

TGFI is a simple story but what makes it a little special is the A Cappella all woman team. They sang pretty well in some songs but some it sounded a little noisy and incoherent. Overall I would give it an above average. The performance of the main actress was so so but she got a pretty face. The one that acted as the papa was good though! Kim & Ling seem to think it was draggy at certain parts and it was getting dull. I didn't feel it though. I particularly like the Cantonese rap at the end and then it was accompanied by the Barbie song. Pretty cool.

All in all, I had an enjoyable evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home